Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
Entrepreneurship is increasingly recognized as an important driver of economic growth of acountry. Even Govt. of India has recognized the importance of entrepreneurship and has introduced programs like "Make in India" & "Start-up India".
The aim of Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at Muthayammal College of Engineering is to develop and strengthen entrepreneurial qualities in the budding professionals who are interested in starting their own ventures. The College provides infrastructure and technical support to the students having innovative ideas to transform into new products and services for the betterment of the society. The EDC also assists all the aspirants with mentoring, planning and execution of their start up idea into a real business. The EDC has maintained a pool of Sponsors like banks, national entrepreneurship training agencies and suppliers, who are willing to aid budding entrepreneurs.
Hence an Entrepreneurship Development Cell was constituted in the college with a dedicated team of actively working faculty who has an industry exposure along with student representatives. Aspiring engineer entrepreneurs are groomed with the necessary inputs on how to be a successful entrepreneur through workshops and seminars by eminent people from the industry. We encourage the students to consider self-employment as a career option, providing necessary training in Entrepreneurship skills through standardized courses. The cell also organizes different activities and events from time to time to train and motivate the students on entrepreneurship.
Our vision is to aid the growth of our society by enabling entrepreneurs with integrity & sustainability and encourage individual ability and creativity.
To be the leader in enabling & facilitating entrepreneurs, support the sparks of budding entrepreneurs and manifesting the spirit and energy of young students from ideation to start-up to establishment and scaling up with integrity and sustainability through constant guidance & mentoring through various programs and schemes.
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information to budding student entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region and to promote the objectives of NSTEDB, including programmes related to women and weaker sections of the society.
- To foster better linkages between the Parent Institution, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium
Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other Voluntary Organisations.
- To catalyse and promote development of S&T based Enterprises and promote employment opportunities.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and Micro Enterprises.