WOMEN EMPOWERMENT CELL(WEC)
” Women’s freedom is the sign of social freedom ”
– Rosa Luxemburg
Women Empowerment Cell is active in the Institution which works for the welfare of the students and faculty towards preparing them into competent professionals to take up greater challenges in the academic sphere. It aims to provide a platform for women to voice their thoughts and opinions and to share their experiences. It supports by providing personal guidance, legal awareness on specific issues concerning women and gender sensitization. The cell stands for facilitating women empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programme and other welfare activities etc. The ultimate aim of the WEC is to create opportunities and environs to facilitate women to reach to the peak of their naturally endowed potential, and thereby enriching organizational and social life.
The responsibilities of the Women Empowerment Cell are to follow the Guidelines of UGC and Anna University, Chennai by its letter bearing No.2502/SA 1/2013 on 15/5/2013, Muthayammal Engineering College.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender.
- To identify strong leadership and change makers and building their capacity.
- To create awareness among the women by conducting various activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To organize awareness programs for the empowerment of women .
- To create a conducive counselling environment for female gender to share their problems
- To takecare of women sexual harassment issues and redressal their grievences.
- To highlights the importance of Law and women rights, spirituality, health, hygiene and safety.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among women
Instruction to the Girl Students
- Proper dress code should be followed.
- Body fit clothing, transparent or revealing outfits should be avoided.
- Salwar kameez with duppatta is advisable for girls.
- Harassment of any nature should be reported to the higher authorities for redressal
Professor & Head/Physics
Email id : [email protected]